- You will need to verify your insurance with the Patient Registration staff at each visit.
- We will ask you for a lab order which should include a diagnosis (ICD-10 code) and should be signed by the ordering provider. Please be aware that we cannot perform ANY lab tests without a signed order.
- If your provider called or faxed in a lab order, it will be kept in our files until you arrive.
- For certain tests, we may ask if you have been fasting. Please verify with your provider if fasting is required before having the test done.
- Ask your provider if you should change your medication routine before having laboratory testing.
- Medicare patients may be asked to sign a waiver accepting financial responsibility if the diagnosis provided does not cover the tests being ordered.
- Some insurance companies require the use of specific laboratories. Please confirm in advance if the Wabash General Hospital Laboratory will be covered at the in-network level.
if you have additional questions or call 618-263-6317